[rt-users] Problems with Perl modules on CentOS

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 20 16:02:56 EDT 2013

On 06/19/2013 08:26 PM, Johnny Rose Carlsen wrote:
> I have read the wiki about how other people handle RT on CentOS, but I
> can't see any guides who actually solves this problem.

We recommend using an isolated perl (that is, not the system perl) for
RT.  This keeps RT's deps separate from the system's and ensures neither
break when updates are applied.  This is especially true on CentOS and
RHEL which package certain Perl libraries with features removed, thus
breaking RT.  It's really straightforward to get an isolated perl via
perlbrew (http://perlbrew.pl) these days, and combined with cpanm
(http://cpanmin.us) you can install the RT deps quickly and easily.