[rt-users] Adding Element to provide easy custom field searches

Chad Osmond Chad.Osmond at compfitness.com
Tue Jun 25 10:02:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

We have a non-technical group who need to search RT for custom fields, and putting customfield1:55555 in the top search box is too much for them.
We'd like to add a new element on the At A Glance page to have something like:

CustomField1 [...............] [Search]
CustomField2 [...............] [Search]

The Search buttons would direct to a search where the custom field was = the input value.

I'm just not sure where to start adding a new element.
Anyone have an example or pointers?

Chad Osmond
chad.osmond at compfitness.com<mailto:chad.osmond at compfitness.com>
Technical Support
Compfitness - Keeping your Computer Systems in Shape!
905-443-3171 work - 905-447-6485 mobile