[rt-users] How to modify/get rid of Custom Field Label "Input must match [Mandatory]"

Duncan Napier dgnapier at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 27 10:00:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm running 4.0.8.

Is there a way to customize the label so it can say something simple and unambiguous like

"Required Field"

?

The label is cryptic and confusing to my end-users. I don't really need any regular expressions (other than the standard checks for escape or overflow inputs) as users input their supervisor/dept in one mandatory custom field and their location in a second. I've looked around at suggestions this maillist and at the code in

rt/local/lib/RT/CustomField.pm

I don't want to change any functionality within the module - it seems to be a whole lot of questionable modification to change a trivial label. Any suggestions?

--

                                 Regards,

                                 Duncan.