[rt-users] Change ticket status after elapsed time period

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue May 7 14:24:17 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM, kjcsb <kjcsb at xnet.co.nz> wrote:

> I would like to configure RT to automatically change the status of a ticket
> in certain cases. An example of this would be when a ticket is set to
> "waiting on customer" response. After a certain period without a response
> (ideally working days rather than calendar days) we would like to resolve
> the ticket. I've been unable to find the right term to search on to find
> the
> answer to this. Any help appreciated.

For such things you use rt-crontool. Start with search that uses TicketSQL,
for example "LastUpdated < '10 days ago' AND Status = 'waiting on
customer'". Figure out how to use SetStatus action.

When above is ready then you can do two things:

1) use bash or any other programming language to calculate time span and
execute rt-crontool. What I mean is that if your script is executed on
Monday and you want 5 days time span then your code generates '7 days ago'
to compensate weekend.

2) write RT's custom condition that does additional date checks using
pretty much the same logic as above solution.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.