[rt-users] Proper way to backup RT Database

John Buell jbuell at countrysampler.com
Thu May 23 14:16:33 EDT 2013

Does the interpretation of %M vs %m vary from Linux to Linux (or between Linux and other *nixes)?

When I first set up my backups I found that following the linked page to the letter I got timestamps with YearMinuteDate instead of YearMonthDate. I do a nightly SQL backup, followed by a backup of everything I've customized for Apache and Postfix, and use `date +%Y%m%d%H%M` to do a date and time stamp on my files.