[rt-users] Module::Install::RTx install paths

Maciej Dobrzanski reg.bestpractical at posterus.com
Wed May 29 09:24:08 EDT 2013

Hello,

While converting our customizations into proper extensions I discovered that
the installer, which I grabbed from other existing extensions, writes files
into both release as well as local code trees. This way modules from 'lib'
always go to rt/local/lib/RT, but everything from 'html' such as Mason
files, CSS, Javascript end up in rt/html instead of rt/local/html. The
culprit appears to be here:

    $RT::LocalVarPath  ||= $RT::VarPath;
    $RT::LocalPoPath   ||= $RT::LocalLexiconPath;
    $RT::LocalHtmlPath ||= $RT::MasonComponentRoot;
    $RT::LocalLibPath  ||= "$RT::LocalPath/lib";

I am wondering if this is intentional for some reason or should
$RT::LocalHtmlPath actually be set to $RT::LocalMasonComponentRoot?

Regards,
Maciek