[rt-users] Error in article history

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Mon Nov 4 03:56:48 EST 2013

Hi all,
I'm replying here to document where the problem lies and how I solved it.

The problem: it seems that the 'upgrade-articles' script somehow doesn't update all records in the ObjectCustomFieldValues table. Specifically, it only updates articles that have the 'Disabled' flag set to 0. Those that have 'Disabled' set to 1 (i.e. the old revisions of an article) retain the old (now wrong) ObjectType.

If you have mysql, you can check for this type of problem by running this query against your rt4 database:
select Disabled, ObjectType, count(*)
from ObjectCustomFieldValues
where ObjectType like '%article%'
group by Disabled, ObjectType;

If you see a row where ObjectType = 'RT::FM::Article', than you have the problem.

I fixed the problem with this simple update:
update ObjectCustomFieldValues
set ObjectType = 'RT::Article'
where ObjectType = 'RT::FM::Article'

I hope this can help others having this problem.

Bye
Cris