[rt-users] How to use JSGantt ?

Lixus Zoran linux at muellers.ms
Thu Nov 7 13:53:55 EST 2013

Hello,

I am  using RT 4.0.7 on debian 7 wheezy using the debian RT package.

I would like to use JSGantt and got a copy by git clone from here
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-jsgantt/

This got set in my environment

	export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib
	export RTHOME=/etc/request-tracker4

I followed the instructions in README (twice) and I think i set it up correctly:

	root at node:/opt/install/rt/rt-extension-jsgantt/#  perl Makefile.PL
	Using RT configuration from /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT.pm:
	./etc   => /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-JSGantt/etc
	./html  => /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-JSGantt/html
	./lib   => /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-JSGantt/lib
	Writing Makefile for RT::Extension::JSGantt
	Writing MYMETA.yml

	root at node:/opt/install/rt/rt-extension-jsgantt/#  make
	Skip blib/lib/RT/Extension/JSGantt.pm (unchanged)
	Manifying blib/man3/RT::Extension::JSGantt.3pm

	root at node:/opt/install/rt/rt-extension-jsgantt/#  make install
	Appending installation info to /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/man/perllocal.pod

After restarting apache the webinterface at /Admin/Tools/Configuration.html shows this:

JSGanttOptions	 {
  'ShowDuration' => 1,
  'DefaultDays' => 7,
  'NullDatesColor' => 333,
  'DefaultFormat' => 'day',
  'ShowProgress' => 1,
  'WorkingHoursPerDay' => 8,
  'ShowOwner' => 1
}

So I believe it should work.

But I can't find any hint in the GUI how to use JSGantt or even see somthing about it.
I guess I have to have to have "Dates" set for my ticks like "Starts" and "Due" ?
And do a search with special "Display Columns"  ?
Or JSGantt needs to be enabled for every queue ?

On what URL do I get something like this:
http://www.bestpractical.com/static/images/screenshots/rt-extensions/rt-extension-jsgantt.png

Thanks a lot
Lixus