[rt-users] database upgrade

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Tue Nov 12 21:09:21 EST 2013

Trying to upgrade RT with MySQL (actually MariaDB) from 3.8.7 to 4.2.0.
I've reached the database upgrade step and it starts correctly. But it
stops after reaching the upgrade to 3.9.3, with some errors reported on
3.9.2 as well. But before I try to resolve these errors, I'd like to
clarify a simple point. When does the old database get copied to the new
one?

RT 3.8.7 uses the database rt3; RT 4.2.0 uses rt4. As near as I can
tell, the upgrade script is essentially creating an empty database and
hasn't made any modifications at all to rt3. Is this expected? Should
the database content be copied from rt3 to rt4 before all the schema
changes or after? What does that copy?
--
Dave Close