[rt-users] [rt-devel] RT pages without links

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Wed Oct 30 13:03:02 EDT 2013

Hi Dave

Not sure how many users are still in 3.8.x, let alone on Fedora, let alone went through a Fedora upgrade, let alone copied the installation over.  In other words, you might be targeting a very small audience.  Just a guess.

I'm personally on Ubuntu and RT 4.2.0, but I'll take a stab anyway.

I wondered about your approach of "just copying the entire installation" -- Does that mean you moved a tar copy of the RT directory tree over (and did a database dump and restore to the new F19 box)?

At the very least, I'd recommend downloading RT source and running the config and make testdeps to ensure you have all the proper Perl modules installed.

Typically I install from scratch on the new box so I can be sure everything is built properly (e.g. missing dependencies, perhaps something is in a different place now, etc), and then copy over the RT_SiteConfig.pm and any customized code.

On another note: I think in general it's frowned upon to post to both the development and user lists.

- Brent