[rt-users] Fwd: How to list all enabled users in Perl script?

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler at bringe.com
Wed Sep 4 06:45:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

Nathan Cutler wrote:

> > Find `sub Next` in lib/RT/Extension/MergeUsers.pm, put logging or printing
> > debug statements there to check what is going on.
>
> OK, I'll try that. I ran some more tests on my testing RT instance.
> Here's what I just found out:
>
> When no users are merged, the script produces the same output (same
> users, same number of users) as the SELECT statement. When I then go
> and merge a single user into another user, the number of users
> produced by the script decreases by *two* -- the merged user *plus*
> the alphabetically last user.

I can reproduce this on our installation (RT 4.0.17). I suspect it's also the cause for the problem I reported earlier last week - while logged in as a "merged" user, my user wouldn't show up as potential owner when modi fying a ticket. It's not a rights problem in my case since this user can "take" any ticket.

I did try to trace the problem in the code, but I got lost in the vast wilderness of DBIx::SearchBuilder  subclasses ;-)

MfG,
Thomas Bätzler
--
BRINGE Informationstechnik GmbH
Zur Seeplatte 12

Fon: +49 721 94246-0
Fon: +49 171 5438457
Fax: +49 721 94246-66
Web: http://www.bringe.de/

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Bringe
Ust.Id: DE812936645, HRB 108943 Mannheim