[rt-users] Question about the RT Mail Loop detection

Nehmer Torben Torben.Nehmer at cancom.de
Thu Sep 12 05:16:51 EDT 2013

Good day,

on a local RT 4.0.7 installation (Debian Stable Packages) we have intermittent problems of RT detecting Mails as bounces (in general plausible). Unfortunately (Thanks to Exchange ;-)) we are having a bit of a problem in tracking it down.

RT sends a simple "RT thinks this message may be a bounce" with a simple text attachment with the mail content. It is indeed plausible, that it is a bounce, as it is a mail sent by RT during ticket creation, which immediately (1 minute later via cron) gets back to RT.

My problem here is that I am having great difficulty to narrow down, what exactly is happening here. Is there a way to get RT to give me the details of the bounced mail instead of only the content. Especially I would be interested in the full E-Mail Headers of the mail that came in and was detected as bounce. That would give me the chance to look into the question where it actually came from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Torben Nehmer
-------
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
Business System Developer
CANCOM GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany
Tel.: +49 8225 - 996-1118
Fax: +49 8225 - 996-41118
torben.nehmer at cancom.de<mailto:torben.nehmer at cancom.de>
www.cancom.de<http://www.cancom.de/>
CANCOM GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jettingen-Scheppach
HRB 10653 Memmingen
Geschäftsführer: Rudolf Hotter (Vorsitzender), Ralf Binder, Jacques Diaz, Frank Richter
Diese E-Mail und alle mitgesendeten Dateien sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Gebrauch durch den Empfänger bestimmt!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential intended solely for the use of the addressee!