[rt-users] Predefined search for tickets referring to article | Group rights

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 1 14:23:44 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 02:24:44AM -0700, rt4 wrote:
> Kevin Falcone-2 wrote
> > What RT version.  What rights do Privileged users have on the Admin
> > Class.
>
> RT version 4.2.3. After some more feedback from the privileged users,
> it's likely that the search stopped working in October or November
> (i.e. either when we moved over from 4.0 to 4.2, or updated to 4.2.1).
> There has been no altering of permissions during this period.
>
> Privileged users have no rights on the Admin Class.

Run the attached script on your box as perl -I/opt/rt4/lib testlinks
(or wherever RT's libraries are) both with no arguments and again with
the first argument being the name of one of the users who cannot see
the articles.  I suspect the problem is in normalization of a:4 into
fsck.com-article://example.com/article/1 and you may just want to
hardcode the longer link for your permissionless users.

-kevin