[rt-users] Customer Management

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 4 15:47:15 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 06:49:31PM +0000, Richards, Matthew E ERDC-RDE-CERL-IL wrote:
>    When our support engineers receive a call or email from a customer,
>    they would like to add a customer or update the customer's Name, Organization, Address, Phone,
>    etc.  We don't really want them to modify passwords, rights, or anything else in the system.
>    Is there an extension, configuration, or user rights assignment to do this?

You can give them AdminUsers, but that does let them change passwords
for your users.  It won't let them change other things (but it would
trivially let them change root's password and then log in as root).

Is this customer information stored in an external system you could be
syncing to RT?  That's how much users deal with this.

Alternately I've seen elaborate systems for recording data on the
tickets in custom fields and then having them synced back to users.

-kevin