[rt-users] FullTextSearch the parts of word

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Wed Apr 9 10:16:27 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 05:53:35PM +0400, Arkady Glazov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed RT 4.2 with PostgreSQL FullTextSearch. In base i can
> search only the whole word. Is in possible search only for parts of word?
> --
> Best regards,
> Arkady Glazov
> http://globster.ru

Hi Arkady,

What do you mean by "parts of a word"? You can alter what can be searched
for by changing the parsers and dictionaries:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/textsearch.html

But you will need to understand a LOT more about how it works to do that
successfully. Is there a particular problem you are trying to solve?

Regards,
Ken