[rt-users] RT Cron Ticket Creation

tcamish tom.camish at ems.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 05:48:36 EDT 2014

Morning All,

I have a cron job that runs a .sh file to create a ticket. Previously it has
worked fine with no issues however we have recently changed our custom
fields (added one), so I updated the .sh file to reflect the new custom
field - code below.

/opt/rt3/bin/rt create -t ticket \
set subject='Ticket Subject Here' \
set priority=10 \
set queue='Queue Name Here' \
set CF-'Priority'='Priority Level Here' \
set text='Ticket Body Text Here.' \
set CF-'Custom Field 1'='Value 1" \
set CF-'Custom Field 2'='Value 2"

When i run this file it creates the ticket fine but doesnt populate Custom
Field 1 and 2, they just show in the ticket as "(No Value)", the only change
I made to the code was to add Custom Field 2 at the bottom.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this wont work?

I'm wondering if it is due to how the fields are set up, in that when you
create a ticket on the RT web console, you cant set Custom Field 2 until
Custom Field 1 has been given a value.

I could just take these fields out of the .sh file and set them manually
when the ticket is picked up, but that kind of defeats the object of
automating it.

Thanks in advance.