[rt-users] Adding New Status option

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 30 14:09:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 06:11:21AM -0700, scott.dalzell wrote:
> I am currently using RT4.0.12 and i am looking to add in a new status option
> for tickets ('Testing').
>
> In my RT_SiteConfig.pm i added the following (copied from RT_Config) and
> then added in the Testing Status as shown below but the option fails to
> show.
>
> if i have set it up correctly i should only be able to select 'Testing' when
> the ticket is currently 'Open'

Copying and pasting your config into a vanilla RT 4.2-trunk it works
fine.  The Testing Action appears on open tickets and with an Open
ticket I can transition go Testing.

However, there are two warnings because you touched the approvals
lifecycle, which you really shouldn't do.  In fact, you can just not
copy the approval half of that configuration from RT_Config.pm into
RT_SiteConfig.pm.

[warning]: Nonexistant status testing in transitions in approvals lifecycle
[warning]: Nonexistant status testing in transitions in approvals lifecycle

-kevin