[rt-users] Change ticket subject before first outgoing correspondence.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 11 11:09:26 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 02:00:01PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> * Scrip re-ordering appears to be a feature of the 4.2 line of RT. I'm
> running the vendor packages of RT 4 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Nope. On RT 4.0, which is what I assume you mean by "vendor packages RT
4 on Ubuntu 14.04" you order scrips by their descriptions.  Typically
this is done by literally numbering scrips that will run in the same
condition.

> * I looked into upgrading, but I did not find any repositories making
> backported packages available to 14.04. Pity; I selected 14.04 so I
> wouldn't have to override the system as often.

Debian has 4.2 packages available in testing, encouraging Ubuntu to
take upgrades would be helpful.

> * Even though I can't reorder scrips, I can create disable global
> scrips and create local scrips with the same name, resulting in a
> higher ID number (and theoretically later execution). However, this
> has no apparent effect, regardless of whether I run the overriding
> Notify scrips in the TransactionCreate or TransactionBatch stages.

ID number has nothing to do with ordering.

> I'm beginning to wonder if I need to set something beyond just the
> ticket subject in my scrip. The scrip doing the work in question will
> look familiar:
>
> My last option appears to be to write a template that duplicates the
> above logic in the template itself, which feels dirty, and looks
> worse...

You still haven't said what the Scrip is that isn't firing, both Alex
and I assumed it was your Autoreply to Requestors because you were
unclear.

I've certainly modified a subject in a Scrip and then had an Autoreply
fire with the correct subject by using a TransactionBatch scrip.

Keep in mind, if you make all your Notify scrips TransactionBatch,
they will no longer show up in the Preview Scrips box.

I've seen your rewritten template, but a Notify scrip running in the
transaction batch stage which has merely

Subject: { $Ticket->Subject }

should be more than sufficient, assuming it runs after your Subject
modification scrip, preferably in a TransactionBatch scrip on the same
Condition.

-kevin