[rt-users] RT Performance Tuning

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Wed Aug 13 09:49:27 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 01:35:16AM -0500, Lists wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting ready to deploy RT 4.2.6 to a large population of
> users.  We are currently running RT 3.8.1 so I expect they will see
> a pretty good speed improvement.
>
> I was wondering if there are any other tweaks or optimizations I can
> make to Apache and MySQL to increase performance even more?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

With zero details about your setup:

1. Use FastCGI and not mod_perl for better resource management and
   performance. Putting nginx in front of a pool of fastCGI threads
   provided a much nicer user experience for us.
2. Benchmark frequent queries used on your existing system against your
   new system and look for performance regressions using user accounts
   and not root/superuser accounts.

We are still running RT-3.8.last waiting for RT-IR to be available
for RT-4.2.x so we can upgrade so I do not have any specific problems
or pitfalls to report, yet.

Regards,
Ken