[rt-users] Seeing strange error with RT 4.2.2

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 12 11:35:42 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 04:58:42PM -1000, Mathew Snyder wrote:
>    I attempted to log into an instance of RT that I've been helping set up and found that it was
>    throwing an internal server error.
>    The log has the following entry on repeat

Those are debug messages telling you that RT::Authen::ExternalAuth is
probably misconfigured.

>    The httpd log has been showing read data timeout for mod_fcgid.
>    When I am able to get the interface, I enter my credentials and the RT log indicates a
>    successful login authenticating against LDAP. It fails to load RT at a glance, though, again,
>    throwing the internal server error.
>    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Unfortunately, you need an error message, not the debug messages.
If you're getting read data timeouts from the fast cgi interface, try
running RT standalone or manually run the fcgi server to sort out your
error.

-kevin