[rt-users] FCGI module missing when configured for fastcgi handler

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 24 10:57:43 EST 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 07:10:19PM -0700, Darren Spruell wrote:
> Not sure why I'm running into missing module when using default web
> handler of fastcgi for RT 4.2.3...
>
> Configuring RT using default (inmplicit) or explicitly specifying
> handler, same thing occurs:
>
> $ ./configure --with-web-handler=fastcgi --enable-gd --with-db-type=Pg
>
> ## No mention of FCGI library and reports OK; should report
> $ make testdeps
> /usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --with-Pg

Running your configure line on a freshly unpacked tarball of 4.2.3
generates this for me:

$ make testdeps
/path/to/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --with-Pg --with-fastcgi

--with-fastcgi is added on when you say --with-web-handler=fastcgi and
it definitely requires that FCGI.pm be installed.

Check your config.log file and Makefile to ensure that WEB_HANDLER and
CONFIGURE_INCANT were recorded properly.  You can also examine the top
of RT_Config.pm to see what we thought you used.

-kevin