[rt-users] Questions about JSGantt Plugin for RT

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 9 11:28:14 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 03:05:15PM +0000, Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) wrote:
> I'm kind of caught in the middle of an issue witht he JSGantt chart
> plug in here at work. Our Service Dept has started using the Gantt
> chart to get a feel for how tickets are being resolved, but the data
> always looks funny. After some tinkering with the settings in my
> RT_SiteConfig.pm file, I decided to check the code on how it is
> calculating the date ranges. Some of the code looks funny to me, but I
> also do not fully understand (nor will anyone here) explain how a
> Gantt chart gets created.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nor will anyone here explain how a
gantt chart gets created".  I see no questions from your with a
subject containing Gantt other than this question and I keep a 2 year
archive of the list.  You do ask a lot of questions, so it may have
been lost.

> I was trying to contact/suggest a change on GitHub but I can't seem to find the link.
>
> Does anyone here know anything about this plug in or who I would contact with questions? My primary question is about the _GetTimeRange function.

You should just ask your question here or on rt-devel.  JSGantt is
written by Best Practical so if a relevant engineer has time they can
answer a specific question about that function.

-kevin