[rt-users] db migration from mysql to postgres

Matthias Peplow matthias.peplow at s-f.com
Sun Jan 12 14:42:53 EST 2014

Hi,

I made some experiments migrating the db of my existing rt 4.21 installation from mysql to postgres.

I did the following.

1. rt-validator —check —resolve until I got no errormessages anymore

2. rt-serializer —clone —page 200 —directory /my/backup/directory

3. rt—import /my/backup/directory

I found out the following:

1. rt-serializer and rt-import are not installed automatically, had to copy them from my build directory manually to the RTs sbin directory

2. the import fails, as it is expecting the .dat files not in /my/backup/directory but in /my/backup/directory//my/backup/directory

adding a symbolic link works as a workarround but this seems to be a bug. Not using the —directory switch works as well.

3. the import fails right at the beginning with

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "users" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT  * FROM Users WHERE LOWER(Name) = LOWER($1)

Any ideas?

Matthias