[rt-users] How far can categories nest?

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 17:07:14 EST 2014

I have three custom fields I'd like linked: Support Type, Support Category,
and Support Sub-Category.

Support Type has not "Categories are based on" set.
Support Category has "Categories are based on" set to Support Type
Support Sub-Category has "Categories are based on" set to Support Category.

When I select the Support Type, Support Category populates with the
expected values (In this case, Hardware, Software, and Telephony). However,
when I select Support Category, Support Sub-Category does not populate.

The categories are configured for each entry in Support Sub-Category.

Do categories only go one level?

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me