[rt-users] Vintage upgrade fails

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jul 24 09:27:08 EDT 2014

RT is defaulting to database username "rt_user" because you didn't specify
the correct value when you ran the configure script.

You can work around this by setting environment variable RT_DB_USER to
"root" before running the command:

RT_DB_USER=root /usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib
sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password --dba root