[rt-users] absence planning

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jul 24 19:52:57 EDT 2014

I feel that you are overcomplicating your scrip by testing for a status
change (which is actually a side effect of another scrip), because your
primary goal is to perform this action when correspondence occurs.

If I were in your position, I would have two scrips in place:

1.  On (correspond AND owner is absent AND ticket is stalled/resolved), set
owner to Nobody.  Runs first.

2.  On correspond, open inactive tickets.  Runs second.

Actually, in your position I would probably assign an additional
"Exclusive" custom field to tickets that when set to true, indicates that
the ticket can only be worked on by the current owner.  Then I would change
Scrip 1's condition to "on (correspond AND owner absent AND ticket not
exclusive)."  That way, the status isn't used to convey that meaning.

Custom fields can be loaded by name, so that shouldn't be failing for you.
Is "absent" the exact name of the field?  What is the exact code that you
are using?