[rt-users] rt-remind script problem

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Wed Jun 18 06:32:52 EDT 2014

Kevin Falcone ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 08:58:05AM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
>> We have been using the rt-remind script for a long time.
>>
>> I have just noticed that it is not working anymore, so I looked at the output
>> of the cron job that starts it weekly, and found a lot of messages like this:
>>
>>      Recipient names must be specified
>>
>> I have been unable to determine the cause, and a google search (despite a lot
>> of hits) failed to bring light to the issue.
>> Launching the rt-remind script with the -d parameter outputs the messages that
>> would be sent out, and I cannot see anything wrong.
> rt-remind is not core.
> You probably want to provide a link to what you're running, and try
> grepping it for Recipient names must be specified, since that isn't a
> core message.
>
> -kevin

Kevin,
the script that I am running comes from here:
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/tdb/rt3/rt-remind

You can find a reference to this script on Wikia too:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Rt-reminder

The message "Recipient names must be specified" does not come from the
script itself, I guess it is coming from sendmail.
Unfortunately a google search, while finding a few hits, did not turn up
to be enlightening.

Regards
Cris