[rt-users] ticket created from CLI script with wrong Due date; timezone issue?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 18 15:38:11 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:53:11AM +1000, Alex Peters wrote:
> That was just a transcribing error on my part.  I call a method on the RT::Date
> object to get the date out in the expected format; a later message in this
> thread shows the corrected code.
>
> At any rate, the debug output is indicating a problem even before that point.

If you have a reduced sample that doesn't require Ticket->Create to
expose, show that, probably with some debugging output so it can be
run locally.  Additionally, you may want to look into the config,
there are relevant parsing options around 'Wednesday'.
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#Date-and-time-handling

In addition, keep in mind the timezone of the user used to create the
date object and how that plays into this.

And remember, RT in no way requires you to use an RT::Date to
calculate Wednesday at 11am.  This is perl, there are about 50 ways to
do it.

-kevin