[rt-users] Question about Asset extension

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Jun 18 17:44:52 EDT 2014

 Le 18/06/2014 à 20:33:47+0200, Joop a écrit
> > Basic question about Asset extension before I try to installed it.
> >
> > Can I use Asset extension to manage supply ? I mean (for example) I got a
> > 20 ink cartridges.
> >
> > Can I put this 20 cartridges inside RT Asset, and each time some requestor
> > ask through RT I can « add » this asset and I got only 19 cartridges after
> > I close this ticket ?
> >
> > So basically can I use Asset inside RT to manage supply.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > JAS
> I'm using RTx-AssetTracker but it should work too on the bestpractical
> Assets. I use a script which reads the amount of time entered on a

So you mean I got something like « amount » for any asset ?

> ticket, could be any customfield, and then find the Asset that belongs
> to it and subtracts the time from the time the client bought.
> So yes with a bit of perl scripting it shouldn't be too hard.

the point is the « time » is a native field on RT, what I like to have is

I think we can do some trick by using custom field but, it's not really
user friendly.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

JAS