[rt-users] rt-remind script problem

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Thu Jun 19 03:46:56 EDT 2014

Kevin Falcone ha scritto:

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:32:52AM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

the script that I am running comes from here:
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/tdb/rt3/rt-remind

You can find a reference to this script on Wikia too:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Rt-reminder

Have you considered asking the author about your problems?

No, not until now.

I was not sure if it was a "user error" or a program error, so I wrote to this list to seek other users of this script.

The message "Recipient names must be specified" does not come from the
script itself, I guess it is coming from sendmail.
Unfortunately a google search, while finding a few hits, did not turn up
to be enlightening.

This implies nothing is being passed to sendmail correctly.

Show a debug output, especially the part where it shows how it calls
sendmail and what it passes.

-kevin

I think I found out the problem. I am reporting it here just for documentation if someone has the same problem in the future.

This is an example of invoking "rt-remind -A -d" (i.e. with the debug flag activated):

====== Would call '/usr/lib/sendmail -oi' with this input: