[rt-users] Receiving Error in RT-Logs

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 19 12:17:19 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 02:30:56AM -0700, Aaron McCarthy wrote:

>  Too late to safely run transaction-batch scrips! This is typically caused
> by using ticket objects at the top-level of a script which uses the RT API.
> Be sure to explicitly undef such ticket objects, or put them inside of a
> lexical scope. at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Ticket.pm line 3334
> during global destruction.
> (/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Ticket.pm:3334)
>
> I do not understand why I am seeing this error. Can any one help please?

As it indicates, this error is caused by something keeping a ticket
around too long.

We would need to know your actual RT version, as well as custom code
you've written.  You may also get more information if you enable
LogStackTraces at the warning level.

It's possible this is tied to your later question where you ask about
misbehaving code, but don't show the code.

-kevin