[rt-users] Change Management Multiple Owners

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 24 15:17:31 EDT 2014

On 06/24/2014 08:02 AM, Aaron McCarthy wrote:
> I am trying to implement CM solution using Request Tracker. I am
> using version 4.0.4. Is there any way I can add multiple owners to
> approve tickets instead of just one?
>
> I know there is an "AdminCC group" option for version 4.0.5 or
> later.

RT does not allow multiple owners, and never will. However, AdminCcs are
in no way new in 4.0.5 (where did you find that misinformation?).
If you grant the AdminCc role appropriate rights, they work just fine
for letting any one of multiple users approve the ticket.

> This is not an option for us at this time. Is there any way to do
> this without updating RT?

Upgrade.  There are multiple disclosed security vulnerabilities against
4.0.4, including SQL injection, arbitrary information disclosure, and
cross-site request forgery.  Upgrades within a stable series are
designed to be as painless as possible.
 - Alex