[rt-users] Help with Unlabeled Buttons

Keith Creasy kcreasy at aph.org
Mon Jun 30 11:37:22 EDT 2014

Thanks Kevin.

You are correct. For example JAWS and NVDA screen readers don't seem to know how to speak the entity ↓ (down arrow). Now that I see what's actually happening I wonder if this should be fixed in the screen reader configuration. Interestingly JAWS doesn't speak any of the arrows but another screen reader (NVDA) speaks the right arrow but not the up or down arrows. Maybe those character entities can be just added to JAWS and/or NDVA.

We could also perhaps use WAI ARIA to fix it.

Keith