[rt-users] Questions regarding email functionality

James joumoer343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:35:39 EST 2014

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding how the email history/cache works in
regards to RT.

I've inherited managing our organizations RT (4.0.10) system from an out
going employee. Now every time the previous guy would do anything
administrative (upgrading ect...) he'd pretty much dump every prior email
notification RT ever sent in our inboxes and I am hoping to avoid doing that
so:

1.) Is there any documentation I can look through as my Googlefu didn't come
up with anything and

2.) Would something as simple restarted the httpd service cause this to
happen.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any advice given.