[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth LDAPS

Dewhirst, Rob robdewhirst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:29:48 EST 2014

I am successfully authenticating via LDAP (cleartext) over TCP 389
using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth

However, once I change:

Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    1);

and in the ExternalSettings for My_LDAP:

        'tls'                       =>  1,
        'ssl_version'               =>  3,

It still authenticates (successfully) over TCP 389.

I noticed someone else had a similar problem but was lacking
Net::SSLeay.  Not my case here (I don't see how you can use Net::LDAP
without Net:SSLeay)

[root at rtir-test ~]# cpan -i Net::SSLeay
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.20)
Reading '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:17:02 GMT
CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v2.18)
Net::SSLeay is up to date (1.58).
[root at rtir-test ~]#

I have debug logging enabled in RT, but it doesn't seem to tell me
anything useful since nothing is failing.


More information about the rt-users mailing list