[rt-users] Full text search/index - Migrate to Postgres or MySQL + Sphinx?

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Thu Mar 13 10:58:19 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 02:47:10PM +0000, Mark Goodge wrote:
> On 13/03/2014 14:32, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >>
> >>MySQL has supported fulltext indexes since version 5.0. What makes you
> >>think otherwise?
> >
> >It supported InnoDB Full Text indexing in 5.0?
>
> No; you need to use MyISAM until 5.6.
>
> But that should not be an issue here; I know that RT uses InnoDB by
> default but there should be no reason why the table you want to
> search can't be converted to MyISAM.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I do not use MySQL here, but the table that is to be indexed can be
very large and I certainly would not want to wait for a myisamchk to
complete after a crash. The sphinx option is the only viable one for
use with mysql. Moving to PostgreSQL would work but as suggested by
others, if your expertise is with MySQL, stick with MySQL.

Regards,
Ken