[rt-users] New Ticket Notifications - send only based on requester's email address

jgarrett jon.garrett at bskyb.com
Fri Mar 14 06:46:06 EDT 2014

Hi,

Similar to a recent 'Big Cheese' question, I have a need to send out
notifications based on email addresses, although somewhat different - I hope
someone can help.

I need to Send a notification email to a group of RT users, when a ticket is
created/raised into a specific RT queue, where the requesters email address
is NOT @aspecificdomian.com.

There's a lot of tickets raised into this queue from internal staff and I
need to only be notified when a ticket is raised from an external source
(ie, not from a staff member with our domain name in their email address).

There's obviously standard scripts to send notifications for new tickets
into a queue, it's the 'not from a specific domain' that I need help with.

I'm not SQL savvy, so any script advice may need to be spoon fed to me.

Many thanks for your time to read and process.

Jon.