[rt-users] setup-database error during upgrade at 3.8.81

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 14 10:56:10 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 01:31:02PM -0600, George Kelbley wrote:
> I'm upgrading from 3.6.1 and although I could swear I got further than
> this on a previous attempt, I am getting :
>
> [Thu Mar 13 19:16:40 2014] [critical]: DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
> Duplicate key name 'CachedGroupMembers3' at
> /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.
> (/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT.pm:351)
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate key name 'CachedGroupMembers3'
> at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.
>
> during the setup-database --action upgrade
>
> I am migrating from an old server to a new one running debian wheezy, rt
> installed from packages.
>
> I created an rt3 database on my new server with the latin character set,
> dumped from the old to the new using the --default-character-set=binary
> option, then when running the setup to get from 3.6.1 to 3.7.87 as
> described in the documentation, I get the above error.  This is an old
> db, but I don't think we ever set up a customer CachedGroupMembers3 as
> described in some other posts.  So I appear to bailing before getting to
> the mysql db upgrade required.

You can easily confirm that.
Drop the rt3 database on your new server.
Re-create it empty with rt-setup-database --action create,acl
Restore your backup.
Run 'show indexes from CachedGroupMembers' or 'show create table
CachedGroupMembers' and see if that index exists.

My assumption is that your backup doesn't have DROP TABLE and you were
left with a corrupt restore.

-kevin