[rt-users] Confusion over email scrip change on upgrade

Rich Bishop rjb38 at drexel.edu
Tue Mar 18 11:56:09 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm testing an upgrade from 3.8.10 to 4.2.3 and I've noticed a
difference in behaviour of a scrip. In both instances I have the
following scrip applied to a queue:

Condition: On Comment
Action: Notify AdminCcs
Template: Admin Comment
Stage: TransactionCreate

If I comment on a ticket that has an owner in our 3.8.10 instance it
does not send emails to the queue AdminCcs (if I do it as root the scrip
is listed along with all the email addresses, but the checkboxes are empty).

However, doing the same thing in my 4.2.3 instance does send mail to the
queue adminCcs (again the script and email addresses are listed, but
this time the checkboxes are checked).

Reading through the documentation I think the 4.2.3 way is actually what
is meant to happen (but not what we want). Any ideas? Have I done
something wrong in my upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Rich