[rt-users] Mailgate doesnt generate tickets after Upgrade

ms at fv-berlin.de ms at fv-berlin.de
Tue May 6 18:51:07 EDT 2014

On 06/05/2014 22:26, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 02:34:32PM +0200, ms at fv-berlin.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just updated an old 3.8.4 RT to 4.2.3 and from what I can tell the
>> actual RT system works fine, fulltext search is up and running... but
>> the mailgate seems to unable to create tickets. heres the
>> apache2/error.log section:
>
> This looks like your sequences are wrong.
> Did you do just an upgrade, or an upgrade and a database migration.
> If a database migration, how?
>
> -kevin

I mysqldump'd the 3.8.4 system,
imported it into mysql on a different system (VM) that had RT 4.0.4
installed,
upgraded to 4.0.4,
ran the additional steps mentioned in the UPGRADE docs
(vulnerable-passwords, shrink_transactions_table, shrink_cgm_table),
mysqldump'd the result,
imported that into yet another system into mysql,
upgraded to 4.2.3,
ran rt-validator --check --resolve,
used rt-serializer to dump the database,
ran ./configure (--with-db-type=Pg), make testdeps, make fixdeps, make
install again to get pgsql-support,
changed RT_SiteConfig to set it to pgsql,
used rt-importer.

I have also since I posted this initially, found out that I can browse
the RT just fine, but it seems I cannot write to the database in any way
(by say creating a new ticket) because I'd get the same "internal error"
and either the apache errorlog or syslog saying

[933] DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates
unique constraint "principals_pkey" DETAIL:  Key (id)=(7) already
exists. at /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm
line 589.

as if RT had lost track of the highest occupied ticket ID along the way
and just started from 1 again.