[rt-users] Slow Query on RT 4.2.4 after upgrade from 4.0

Patrick Muldoon doon.bulk at inoc.net
Fri May 23 13:22:28 EDT 2014

On May 23, 2014, at 12:40 PM, Alex Vandiver <alexmv at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On 05/23/2014 12:11 PM, Patrick Muldoon wrote:
>> here is the query that is causing us issues..
>>
>> SQL(20.280673s): [snip]
>
> This is because you (user #22) have rights to see queue 2, but only see
> tickets in it which you are the AdminCc or Owner of.  RT applies these
> limits in SQL in RT 4.2 by default (the configuration defaulted to off
> in 4.0 and lower), and you're running into a pessimal case.
>
> If you turn $UseSQLForACLChecks off, this query will likely speed up --
> but you will run into the situation where ticket result pages may be
> "short" due to applying ACLs right before they are displayed.  That is,
> a page which nominally contains 50 tickets may only display 40, 20, or 0
>

> Ther other fix is to adjust your rights on the queue to not rely on
> ticket roles to control ShowTicket.

Thanks, That makes sense.   At the same time as upgrading to 4.2, we also enabled the approvals. which is what appears to be causing this. as 2 is ___Approvals queue.

Following the information in approvers rights section it said:

To grant rights to your Change Approvers group, go to the queue configuration page for the ___Approvals queue. Click on Group Rights in the page menu. Grant ShowTicket and ModifyTicket rights to the Owner and AdminCc roles. This should be enough for most cases.

Now members of the 'Change Approvers' group can act on approvals even if they have no SuperUser rights.

So now to figure out proper way to assign that without making the rest crawl…

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

I'm sorry a pentium won't do, you need an SGI to connect with us.