[rt-users] Creating ticket through REST API with AJAX

Brian C. Duggan brian at dugga.net
Thu May 29 10:54:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to create a ticket through the REST interface via an AJAX request. Here's my code so far...

    var fields = 'id: ticket/new\n\
    Queue: Texas\n\
    Requestor: requestor at rt.myrtsrv.com\n\
    Subject: Yet another REST ticket\n\
    Cc: \n\
    AdminCc: \n\
    Owner: \n\
    InitialPriority: \n\
    FinalPriority: \n\
    TimeEstimated: \n\
    Starts: 2014-05-28 18:01:53\n\
    Due: 2014-05-28 18:01:53\n\
    Text: Yet another REST ticket';

    jQuery(document).ready( function() {
        var formData = new FormData();
        formData.append( 'content', fields );

        $.ajax({
    	type: 'POST',
    	url: 'https://rt.myrtsrv.com/REST/1.0/edit',
    	data: formData,
    	processData: false,
    	contentType: false,
    	success:function(data){
    	    $("#ajax-panel").append("<pre>"+data+"</pre>");
    	}
        });
    });

The server returns this respsonse:

    RT/4.2.3 400 Bad Request

    # Ticket new
     does not exist.

I've tried the same method with the rt command line tool, and it succeeds.

I can paste in the request headers and POST data this generates if it's not obvious what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Brian