[rt-users] Creating ticket through REST API with AJAX

Brian C. Duggan brian at dugga.net
Thu May 29 16:40:08 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 01:58:48PM -0400, Jim Brandt wrote:
>      >      jQuery(document).ready( function() {
> >         var formData = new FormData();
> >         formData.append( 'content', fields );
> >
> >         $.ajax({
> >     	type: 'POST',
> >     	url: 'https://rt.myrtsrv.com/REST/1.0/edit',
>
> Maybe call new instead of edit?
>
> https://rt.myrtsrv.com/REST/1.0/ticket/new

Thanks, Jim. I should have checked the wiki. Progress, but now the server replies

    RT/4.2.3 200 Ok

    # Could not create ticket.
    # Could not create ticket. Queue not set

The user has all 'Modify' rights on the queue directly, not through a group. I can tell that RT is consuming all the headers because RT logs the 'Starts' and 'Due' fields.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian