[rt-users] 'Vertical size too small' error from rt-email-dashboards

Matthew Rahtz mr13 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 06:01:09 EST 2014

Hello!

We're getting an error from our daily rt-email-dashboards Cron job:

     [Fri Nov 21 06:00:17 2014] [error]: Vertical size too small at
/opt/rt4/share/html/Search/Chart line 185.

     Stack:
       [/opt/rt4/share/html/Search/Chart:185]
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:208)
     [Fri Nov 21 06:00:17 2014] [error]: Caught exception: An internal
RT error has occurred.  Your administrator can find more details in RT's
log files. (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Dashboard/Mailer.pm:118)

As far as I know, nothing's been changed in our RT configuration since
when it started happening - though perhaps a user has made changes to
one of their subscribed dashboards so that it's now too big?

Someone else ran into the same issue at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/107020, but there was no
resolution. Googling for just "Vertical size too small", it looks like
this is an error from Perl's GDGraph library, with a suggestion to
adjust the correct_width attribute on the plot_graph call:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/GDGraph/Graph.pm But in order to test
whether this fixes it, it would be nice to have a repeatable test case.

Running rt-emails-dashboads --dryrun --all I see there are about 20
dashboard subscriptions set up. How can we figure out which one(s) are
giving the error, so that we can come up with a reliable test case (and
without spamming users with emails :) )?

Cheers,
Matthew

--
Matthew Rahtz