[rt-users] Date formatting

Rinke Colen rcolen at experty.com
Wed Oct 8 11:55:34 EDT 2014

I want to mention the ticket creation date in an auto reply. I use the
following code snippet in my email template: {$Ticket->Created}. This
produces the string "2014-10-08 15:31:24" (UTC) but I want to show "October
8, 2014 at 5:31 PM" (CET) is one place and "8 oktober 2014 om 17:31" in
another place. (The word "oktober" in the second string is Dutch.) How can
I format the timestamps?

On a procedural note: I'm not sure if this question conforms to
requirements of this mailing list. I have searched the history of this list
since I joined for an answer, but don't know where to find the rest of the
history. Also I know very little about Perl. I'm slightly worried that my
question is too "dumb". But I have many more of these newbie questions. Can
I just ask them here? (I.e. if I don't find the answer in the mailing list
history, the documentation on bestpractical.com or on the the wiki.)

Rinke