[rt-users] Help!! RT::Authen::ExternalAuth -- can't create Privileged users

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 3 17:01:56 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 11:45:06AM -0400, Al Joslin wrote:
> I installed and configured: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
>
> I've got  the login via LDAP working ok -- but it won't create Privileged users
>
> 	I had to turn on: AutoCreateNonExternalUsers -- which seemed odd as I want to create only those users who are SUCCESSFULLY authenticated via LDAP

This sounds wrong.

> 	I added a:  Set( $UserAutocreateDefaultsOnLogin, { Privileged => 1 } );
> 	-- but i think that's ignored as it's from another [conflicting] plugin
> 	-- -- and anyway I grepped the code and it's in there

What conflicting plugin?
That's a core config option.

Also, I wonder how you grepped the code, since while
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth documents that you should set the 4.2
compatible config variable, when those docs were added the code wasn't
updated to match.

A bug should be filed in the RT::Authen::ExternalAuth config.

Until then, you could set the antiquated $AutoCreate to {Privileged =>
1} and just ignore the warning and it should work.

-kevin