[rt-users] deleting attachments

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Tue Sep 9 08:54:16 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 01:52:25PM +0300, Woody - Wild Things wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My rt4 database has now hit 10GB and i want to clean it out by
> removing some old attachments.
> As far as i an see from rt-shredder attachments can only be removed
> by size, and not created before a certain date.
> Can I just delete the attachments directly from the database with
> sql? or is that unwise?
>
> thanks
>
> w.

Hi Woody,

If you are deleting attachments created before a certain date, you are
effectively removing all of the ticket data so you should just remove
all tickets before a certain date. They are numbered sequentially so
that is easy to do. Otherwise, just removing the larger attachments can
free up space. I am curious, 10GB does not seem terribly large. Is the
size causing any performance issues with your system?

Regards,
Ken