[rt-users] Reply-To - Friendly Display Name Missing

wrender wrender at otherdata.com
Wed Sep 10 13:51:37 EDT 2014

Hello,

I notice that the "friendly display name" seems to be missing from the mail
headers in reply-to: from email generated from RT.   For example if we send
a ticket out from RT the email headers show up like this on the receivers
end:

From: RT Staff Name <support at ourdomain.com>

This seems to cause Microsoft Outlook 2013 to not populate the user in the
Autocomplete email addresses it stores.  Ideally this would populate so the
people using Outlook could type the RT Staff name, and it would come up in
their Outlook.   Would it be possible to modify RT mail headers to something
like this?

From: RT Staff Name <support at ourdomain.com>

Or also, if we would just disable the Reply-To mail header completely in RT,
and just use a From: at all times I believe this would also work.

Thanks!

Wes