[rt-users] User must be able to see tickets of some others

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Mon Sep 15 06:23:38 EDT 2014

Yes, you could use a scrip to watch for Requestor additions and assign CCs
as needed.

I expect that such a scrip would require the existence of two RT groups:

   1. *Automatic CC Requestor*—contains users whose tickets should be
   monitored; and
   2. *Automatic CC Watcher*—contains users who should be assigned as CCs
   to those tickets.

When running, a robust scrip would need to:

   1. confirm that a ticket creation or Requestor addition has occurred
   before proceeding;
   2. confirm that the Automatic CC Watcher group is not already a CC
   before proceeding;
   3. obtain a list of the ticket's current Requestor users/groups;
   4. recursively search these users/groups for membership within Automatic
   CC Requestor group; and
   5. add the Automatic CC Watcher group as a CC if any such memberships
   were found.

Adjusting relevant users would simply involve adjusting membership within
the above two groups.

I attempted to write the action code for the robust version but failed,
because I don't have the expertise at this time to recursively scan the
Requestor users/groups in the correct manner.  Maybe someone else on the
list can assist.

A simpler, more fragile scrip could probably just search a ticket's
Requestor email addresses, but such a scrip would require modification with
every user addition/deletion.