[rt-users] Permissions to let a user administer a queue

fleon fleon at seguroscatatumbo.com
Fri Sep 26 09:12:13 EDT 2014

Finally "resolved" it. I decided to turn on all rights to the user on a
global level and turning them off one by one.
Turns out i had to enable "SeeQueue" as a global right.
I am thinking "unprivileged, privileged, everyone" are internal "groups"
therefore i needed the permission.

However, now the user can see any group and know the group's members, but he
can't mess with the other group. That's not what i want, however i can live
with it, and i can sort of understand why it works this way. You need to
view every group in order to assign them permissions.

For me it would have made for sense for the admincc to be able to do
everything with a queue without requiring a global right. Users shouldn't be
able to know which users are inside a group, and i can't see a way to deny
"outside users" this right from the other group itself.

So, to recap, here is what i did:
-Assign a specific user ShowConfigTab and SeeQueue
-Add group A to queue A and grant all permissions in that queue for that
group.

I hope this helps someone, but i am hoping my solution is actually wrong and
there's a better way to do this, but i can't see it. After all, i needed to
enable just 2 permissions to fix my issue.